One of the first things I learnt

             One of the first things  I learnt



Today's blog, I'm going to write about one of the first things I learnt.  All of us might remember the first thing we learnt and am sure it is something we can't forget.
Well, for me it was learning how to ride a bicycle. My mother  told me that I was quite fascinated by cycles and would always  sit on my tricycle  and keep  moving  in it all around  my house. By the time I turned 4 years, I was keen to learn to ride a bicycle. However,   my mother was reluctant to teach me at that age. I was upset and continued on my tricycle till I was ready to learn a bicycle.
Finally, the wait was over and when I turned five my father bought me a new bicycle. I always thought bicycle riding was very easy, I faced a lot of obstacles while learning to ride it.
The first hurdle was my height, being short my legs would not reach the peddle and I refused to get the height of the cycle adjusted.  Initial days of practice, I used to fall from the cycle due to this and finally I had to agree to get the height of the cycle adjusted. During practice, I fell many times, injured my knee, but I didn't give up and finally learnt to balance the cycle and ride it without falling.
I started enjoying cycling around in my society premises. After a year or so, my next challenge was to ride it on streets and how to stop at signals. One of my friend from the society motivated and encouraged me and we both started riding and going on smaller streets to gain confidence. I practiced going with my friend regularly and within few months I was confident to step out alone.
Then came a fear of what would I do if I get a flat tyre, what if the cycle chain come out? My father told me to overcome these fears by preparing for it mentally.  He told me to check out for the nearest cycle repair shop and take the cycle to the shop instead of getting frightened.
Today, I cycle a lot and thoroughly enjoy it. I have realised that we can face challenges and overcome fear by regular practice and by being alert. I am happy that I learnt it.
After cycling, I want to learn swimming. I just hope I'm able to learn it after the pandemic is over.
Anjali Warier
Grade7A 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Care Of The Loved Ones Author : STHUTHI TULSIDAS AMIN

A SWEET DREAM Author : SHRIYANS SACHITH

My New Year Promise/ Resolution Author : TVESA PAREKH