My First Gold Medal Author : SHREYAS IYER

 My First Gold Medal

Author : SHREYAS IYER

I was seven years old. At that time, I had not shifted to Mumbai yet. So I used to study in Kolkata. My school held an elocution competition every year. I was a quite good speaker so my mom encouraged me to sign up. My best friend was also competing, and he was a very good speaker. We just had to learn a poem and recite it with a good expression. I was good at these things.

Our school librarian was the ones helping us with the competitions. The fun part was that everyone was given different poems with different difficulties. My best friend and I both got a long poem. But the words were easy to recite, so it was not a problem. To be honest, I did not care about the competition the first day. But then my mom pushed me to do it. When I kept on practicing, I kept getting better at it. I was getting a lot fun for me. But I was one step behind my friend. He had already learnt the poem in 2 days. I lost my confidence. It felt like a dead end for me. But I kept on pushing.

Then came the day of the competition. My friend was second to speak and I was fifth. I was mind blown by the way he recited his poem. I was feeling very nervous

But then I jumped up to the stage and gave my best. Fortunately, I got a boost of confidence as I went up to the stage and recited the poem so well that I won my first gold medal! My friend came second, but he congratulated me. That was the best time in my life.

Practice makes a man perfect. And if you have confidence, you have victory

No.Of.Words -- 295

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Care Of The Loved Ones Author : STHUTHI TULSIDAS AMIN

A SWEET DREAM Author : SHRIYANS SACHITH

My Experience With A Absent Minded Person Author : STHUTHI TULSIDAS AMIN